Try a twist on nachos with this tasty low-fat appetizer that is rich in vitamin C from the peppers. You can also use green bell peppers instead of / in addition to the yellow and red peppers. Serving suggestion: top with green onions or sliced black olives.
Pepper Nacho Nibblers recipe
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
1. Cut the bell peppers into 6 strips each, then cut the strips in half.
2. Put on a microwaveable plate, sprinkle with the crushed red pepper and cheese.
3. Microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 60 mg
Total carbs: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Weight Watchers points: 1
Weight Watchers points plus: 1
You might also like these low-calorie snack recipes:
- Arancini Italian Rice Balls recipe – 107 calories
- Kosher Jewish Pickles recipe – 67 calories
- Diabetic Biscotti recipe – 111 calories
- Savory Sweet Potatoes recipe – 120 calories
- Rice Krispies Bars recipe – 181 calories