The fish in these low-calorie skewers provides 1/5 of the daily vitamin D requirements. This vitamin improves the coordination between muscles and nerves. In addition, fish is very rich in iodine.
Fish and Vegetable Skewers with Lime Dip recipe
1 small ripe mango (about 250 g)
1 small zucchini (150g)
4 cherry tomatoes
200 g cod fillet
1/2 tsp yogurt butter
1 tsp pink peppercorns
100 g yogurt (0.1% fat)
1. Peel the mango. Cut the fresh into thick stripes and dice.
2. Cut the lime in half and squeeze out the juice.
3. Wash, clean and chop the zucchini. Wash the tomatoes.
4. Rinse the cod fillets, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into equal sized cubes. Season with salt.
5. Melt the butter in a small pan. Stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and pepper to taste, and remove from the heat.
6. Arrange the fish cubes, mango, tomatoes and zucchini on wooden skewers and brush them with the lime butter.
7. Cook the skewers for about 7-8 minutes on a preheated oven grill or a grill pan, turning once.
8. Meanwhile, lightly crush the peppercorns with the back of a knife, and mix in a small bowl with the yogurt. Season with the remaining lime juice and salt to taste, and serve with the fish and vegetable skewers.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Total carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 12 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
Weight Watchers points plus: 2
You might also like these low-calorie fish recipes:
- Low Calorie Mexican Ceviche recipe – 181 calories
- Baked Anchovy-Filled Tomatoes recipe – 147 calories
- Grilled Halibut Tacos recipe – 145 calories
- Cajun Salmon Fillets recipe – 179 calories
- Cajun Halibut recipe – 128 calories