A delicious and nutrient dense powerhouse smoothie.
Green Smoothie recipe – 137 calories
2 ounces spinach
3 ounces kale
1 apple (cored)
2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
1 ounce fresh ginger root (grated)
1/2 ounce fresh turmeric (grated)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 garlic cloves
1 ounce flax seed (ground)
32 ounces water (or to fill blender to 64 oz)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large blender and process until smooth
2. Serve immediately.
3. Note: Bananas and apples may be frozen in advance. Ice may be substituted for a portion of the water.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 3.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 94.7 mg
Total carbs: 27.5 g
Fiber: 5.5 g
Protein: 3.6 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
Weight Watchers points plus: 4
You might also like these low-calorie beverage recipes:
- Chai Eggnog recipe – 179 calories
- Low Calorie Cappuccino recipe – 60 calories
- Non-Alcoholic Sangria Fruit Cups recipe – 122 calories
- Pineapple Celery Punch recipe – 81 calories
- Easy Orange Slush recipe – 153 calories
For more delicious smoothie recipes, check out this Smoothie Recipes Blog.