A very simple but tasty lentil soup. Not hard to make either. You can thin it with a little veggie stock or water, or serve it as it is if you like thick, hearty soups.
Low-Calorie Garlic Lentil Soup recipe – 145 calories
1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves
2 onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, thinly sliced
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch oregano or 1 pinch dried marjoram
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 1/4 cups vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Put the lentils, garlic, onions, carrot, bay leaves, oil, oregano or marjoram and vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and then simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the bay leaves and add the red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
4. If the soup is too thick, you can thin it with a little stock or water before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 5.2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 11.3 mg
Total carbs: 23.6 g
Fiber: 4.3 g
Protein: 8.5 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Weight Watchers points plus: 4
Photo credit: Paul Schreiber
You might also like these low-calorie soup recipes:
- Low-Calorie French Onion Soup recipe – 145 calories
- Low Calorie Moroccan Lentil Soup recipe – 176 calories
- Low Calorie Vietnamese Chicken Soup recipe – 163 calories
- Low Calorie Lemony Chicken Soup recipe – 110 calories
- Tomato Florentine Soup recipe – 73 calories
For more easy soup recipes, check out this Soup recipes blog.