In my family, egg-based dishes are a tradition for Easter. One of my favorite recipes for Easter brunch is this broccoli frittata.
Easter Brunch Baked Broccoli Frittata recipe – 151 calories
2 cups finely chopped broccoli
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
2 egg whites
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat the butter and oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes (until the onion begins to soften).
3. Stir in the broccoli, garlic, basil and parsley.
4. Continue cooking, stirring often, for about 3 more minutes (until the broccoli is bright green).
5. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the cheese, salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites until well blended. Stir in the broccoli mixture.
7. Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
8. Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish and sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes (until the frittata is firm in the center when touched).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 10.2 g
Cholesterol: 194.7 mg
Sodium: 279 mg
Total carbs: 4.7 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 10.2 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Weight Watchers points plus: 4
Photo credit: I Believe I Can Fry
You might also like these low-calorie breakfast recipes:
- Diet-Friendly Cinnamon Pancakes recipe – 85 calories
- Low Calorie Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe – 167 calories
- Low Calorie Homemade Nutella recipe – 107 calories
- Apple Walnut Pancakes recipe – 143 calories
- Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins recipe – 174 calories
Tags: baked broccoli frittata, breakfast, breakfast recipe, broccoli, broccoli frittata, broccoli frittata recipe, calories, casserole, casserole recipe, cooking, diet, diet frittata, diet frittata recipe, easter brunch, easter brunch recipe, easter recipe, eggs, frittata, frittata recipe, healthy, low-cal, low-calorie, low-calorie frittata, nutrition, recipe, vegetable, vegetable recipe, Vegetable recipes, vegetables, vegetarian, vegetarian recipe, veggie