Here’s an excellent recipe for pancakes, which are one of my favorite breakfast foods. Tender, healthy, and tasty!
Note: one serving is 1/3 cup mix. If you use less than 1/3 of a cup batter you can have two pancakes for 100 calories! Smaller, but more!
Diet-Friendly Cinnamon Pancakes recipe – 85 calories
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons Splenda granular (no calorie sweetener)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mix the baking soda, flour and Splenda.
2. In another bowl, mix the egg substitute, milk and vanilla.
3. Beat the liquid mix into the dry mix roughly, so as to add more air to the mix.
4. Stir in the cinnamon last.
5. Use some PAM cooking spray on a skillet when cooking, and sweeten with fruit and/or sugar-free syrup.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 0.6 mg
Sodium: 176.9 mg
Total carbs: 16.8 g
Fiber: 3.2 g
Protein: 3.8 g
Weight Watchers points: 1
Weight Watchers points plus: 2
Photo credit: stijn
You might also like these low-calorie breakfast recipes:
- Low Calorie Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe – 167 calories
- Low Calorie Homemade Nutella recipe – 107 calories
- Apple Walnut Pancakes recipe – 143 calories
- Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins recipe – 174 calories
- Carrot Bran Muffins recipe – 161 calories