Here’s a very low-fat muffin recipe that actually tastes really good! These muffins are so moist, fluffy and delicious that you will forget you’re on a diet!
Low-Fat Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe – 167 calories
3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
4. Whisk in the milk, egg, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, flour and salt.
6. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and combine well.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
8. Spoon equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup.
9. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then remove to a wire rack.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 15.7 mg
Sodium: 315.1 mg
Total carbs: 37.4 g
Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 2.7 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Weight Watchers points plus: 5
Photo credit: jeffreyw
You might also like these low-calorie muffin recipes:
- Carrot Bran Muffins recipe – 161 calories
- Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- Delicious Blueberry Muffins recipe – 166 calories
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins recipe – 191 calories