I love this bread. It is simple to put together with a bread machine, and tastes wonderful. I love the fact that it doesn’t have a lot of sugar and no dairy, yet it still turns out soft and chewy. I just ate two slices with butter and it was excellent!
Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread recipe – 173 calories
1 1/4 cups water
1?3 cup honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast (or one packet)
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups white bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1. Place the ingredients into the bread pan in the order suggested by your machine’s manufacturer.
2. Set the machine for the regular white bread cycle.
2. If you want a softer crust that’s easier to slice for sandwiches, then as soon as you take the bread out of the pan, put it right into a large plastic bag and close tightly. The hot bread will steam the crust and make it very soft.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 2.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 196.1 mg
Total carbs: 35.1 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Photo credit: erasergirl
You might also like these low-calorie bread recipes:
- Bavarian Pretzel Rolls recipe – 196 calories
- Olive Garden Breadsticks recipe – 137 calories
- Low Fat Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe – 76 calories
- Carrot Bran Muffins recipe – 161 calories
- Crescent Rolls recipe – 193 calories