Ceviche is a seafood dish that is regularly served on the beaches of Mexico. Ceviche is usually accompanied by side dishes that complement its flavors, such as corn, sweet potato, lettuce, or avocado. As this dish is not cooked with heat, you must make sure that you only use fresh ingredients.
Mexican Ceviche recipe – 181 calories
1 lb halibut fillets or 1 lb red snapper fillet or 1 lb sea bass fillets (or use a mixture of fish and shrimp)
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 dash Tabasco sauce
lettuce leaf (to line the serving bowls)
black olives, sliced (optional, for garnish)
avocado (optional, for garnish)
1. Dice the fish into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Marinate the fish in the lime juice overnight in the fridge, stirring often.
3. Pour off most of the lime juice, leaving it just moist.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the avocado, lettuce and olives.
5. Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with lettuce leaves.
6. Garnish with sliced black olives and avocado slices if desired.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Mexican ceviche calories: 181
Total fat: 2.2 g
Cholesterol: 68.1 mg
Sodium: 247.7 mg
Total carbs: 15.4 g
Fiber: 4.2 g
Protein: 27.3 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Photo credit: y6y6y6
You might also like these low-calorie Mexican recipes:
- Rice Salsa recipe – 101 calories
- Jalapeno-Lime Chicken Breasts recipe – 162 calories
- Jicama Sticks recipe – 23 calories
- Roasted Serrano Chile Salsa recipe – 46 calories
- Mexican Cashew Snack recipe – 85 calories
Tags: appetizer, Appetizer recipes, appetizers, avocados, black olives, calories, ceviche recipe, cilantro, cooking, course, cuisine, diet, diet recipe, dietary, dinner-party, dish, equipment, fish, fish ceviche recipe, fish recipes, food, fresh cilantro recipe, fresh tomatoes, green peppers, halibut, halibut fillets, healthy, jalapeno peppers, lettuce leaves, limes, low carb, low saturated fat, low sodium, low-calorie, low-fat, main dish recipes, main ingredient, main-dish, Mexican, mexican ceviche, mexican ceviche recipe, mexican recipes, no cook, north american, occasion, onions, oregano, parsley, pepper, preparation, recipe, recipe for ceviche, recipes, recipies, red snapper fillets, refrigerator, salad, salad recipes, salads, Salt, saltwater fish, sea bass fillets, seafood, seafood recipes, Shellfish, shrimp, shrimp ceviche recipe, Side dish recipes, side dishes, side-dish, spicy, Tabasco sauce, technique, weeknight, white vinegar