What a wonderful chicken soup recipe! It’s so quick and easy to put together, and the balance of flavors is just fantastic. If you love spicy Asian food you MUST try this recipe!
Vietnamese Chicken Soup recipe – 163 calories
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 ounce cellophane noodles
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 teaspoons minced ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons fish sauce
28 ounces chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Soak the cellophane noodles in very hot water.
2. While the noodles are soaking, cut the chicken breasts into thin julienne strips.
3. In a deep skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat; add the chicken, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes.
4. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring; then add the fish sauce and broth and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 8 minutes (until the chicken is done).
6. Drain the noodles and cut into short pieces (about 1-1 1/2 inches long).
7. Arrange noodles at the bottom of the bowls; ladle the soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, basil and green onions.
8. Serve with chile paste or Tuong Ot Sriracha (Vietnamese hot sauce) if desired.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Vietnamese chicken soup calories: 163
Total fat: 6.1 g
Cholesterol: 36.2 mg
Sodium: 1427.6 mg
Total carbs: 8.6 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 17 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: katclay
You might also like these low-cal chicken recipes:
- Lemon Chicken Soup recipe – 110 calories
- Mango Chicken recipe – 141 calories
- Low Calorie Chicken Thigh recipe – 200 calories
- Healthy Chicken and Mushroom recipe – 189 calories
- Mahogany Chicken recipe – 186 calories