I like the simplicity of this vanilla cupcakes recipe. Almond extract can be used in place of the vanilla if desired.
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes recipe – 182 calories
1 1/2 cups sugar (or 3/4 cup Splenda)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk (or half and half cream)
1/2 cup shortening
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla (or 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar with the flour, salt and baking powder until combined.
3. Add in the milk or shortening cream, eggs and vanilla
4. Beat on medium speed of an electric mixer until just blended, scraping the bowl constantly. If the batter is too thick, you may add in a few more tablespoons milk or cream.
5. Pour into paper-lined muffin tins, filling under just three-quarters full.
6. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes are done (be careful not to overbake as the cupcakes will become dry).
7. Immediately remove from the pans and let cool completely before frosting.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Vanilla cupcakes calories: 182
Total fat: 6.7 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Sodium: 193 mg
Total carbs: 28 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 2.4 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: Rachel from Cupcakes Take the Cake
You might also like these low-calorie dessert recipes:
- Banana Blueberry Muffins recipe – 174 calories
- Sugar-Free Biscotti recipe – 111 calories
- Creamy Lemon Squares recipe – 106 calories
- Low Calorie Biscotti recipe – 90 calories
- Rice Crispy Bars recipe – 181 calories
Tags: cake, cake recipes, calories, cooking, cupcakes, dessert, dessert recipes, diet, diet recipe, food, healthy, low calorie cupcakes recipe, low-cal, low-calorie, low-fat, recipe, Vanilla, vanilla cupcake calories, vanilla cupcakes recipe