This beef and broccoli recipe easily rivals any Chinese restaurant beef and broccoli. It’s delicious and it doesn’t require any unusual ingredients. Serve over hot rice.
Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe – 153 calories
1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
4 cups broccoli florets
3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 tablespoons water, divided
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water with the garlic powder and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth.
2. Add the beef strips and toss.
3. In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat, stir-fry the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until it reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry the onion and broccoli in the remaining oil for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Return the beef to the pan.
6. Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and the remaining cornstarch with water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 7.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1363.1 mg
Total carbs: 19.5 g
Fiber: 7.8 g
Protein: 4.9 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: gkdavie
You might also like these low-calorie beef recipes:
- Beef with Cucumbers recipe – 176 calories
- Ground Beef Gyros recipe – 198 calories
- Vietnamese Beef Meatballs recipe – 85 calories
- Low-Fat Beef Meatballs recipe – 171 calories
- Bulgarian Princess Sandwich recipe – 177 calories