If you liked our Greek Avgolemono soup recipe, you will love this lemony chicken soup! It’s yummy and comforting, just perfect for this cold weather.
This soup does not form drops like egg drop soup because you stir in the eggs. If you want drops, just don’t stir the eggs.
Lemony Chicken Soup recipe – 110 calories
4 cups chicken, cooked and cut up
1 cup rice, raw
5 chicken bouillon cubes
5 cups chicken broth
3 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the carrots, onions, bouillon cubes and broth in a dutch oven with 5 cups of water; bring to a boil.
2. Add the rice and the chicken, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Whisk the eggs and lemon juice, and quickly add to the hot soup while stirring.
4. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 2.1 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 656.4 mg
Total carbs: 17 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 5.2 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
You might also like these low-calorie chicken recipes:
- Mango and Red Pepper Chicken recipe – 141 calories
- Baked Chicken Thighs recipe – 200 calories
- Chicken and Mushrooms recipe – 189 calories
- Mahogany Chicken recipe – 186 calories
- Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories