Here’s a meatless Thanksgiving appetizer that is sure to be a hit with everyone, especially with children. The veggies are arranged to look just like a turkey. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Turkey Vegetable Appetizer recipe – 164 calories
Cream cheese spread
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces sour cream
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon season salt
1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 bunch red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
1/2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 sun-dried tomatoes (for the chest)
1/2 radish (for the head)
1 peppercorn (for the eye)
yellow pepper (for the waddle)
crackers or pretzels, to be used as an optional feather rows (optional)
1. To make the cream cheese mixture: Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, add more paprika if desired.
2. To make the vegetable arrangement: On a large platter, arrange the red lettuce leaves so that red is on the outer edge. Then place the vegetables like turkey feathers. The large plume of feathers behind the turkey are carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, red onions, and radishes layered in rows. The bottom feathers are yellow squash, zucchini, yellow peppers, and celery.
3. For the body, invert a soup bowl and spread the cream cheese mixture over it. Use the mixture as a glue to add the radishes along the bottom in 2 rows and follow with mushrooms, adding until completely covering the bowl.
4. For the chest, place 3 sun-dried tomato halves glued together with some of the cheese mixture on the body of mushrooms.
5. For the head, place 1/2 of a radish. Spread some cheese mixture on the cut side and place just above the tomatoes.
6. For the wattle, adhere a yellow pepper slice to the radish head with the cheese mixture.
7. Place the remaining cream cheese mixture in a bowl for dipping.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 14.1 g
Cholesterol: 43.1 mg
Sodium: 183 mg
Total carbs: 4.8 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 5.6 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
You might also like these low-calorie appetizer recipes:
- Arancini Italian Rice Balls recipe – 107 calories
- Shrimp Cocktail recipe – 195 calories
- Southwestern Onion Rings recipe – 171 calories
- Bean and Sesame Seed Spread (Hummus) recipe – 77 calories
- Stuffed Mushrooms recipe – 175 calories
Tags: appetizer, Appetizer recipes, calories, cooking, diet, diet recipe, dish, food, healthy, kids recipe, low-calorie, low-fat, recipe, salad, salad recipes, thanksgiving appetizer recipe, thanksgiving recipe, thanksgiving vegetable platter, thanksgiving veggie platter, turkey shape, turkey vegetable, turkey veggie, vegetable, vegetable appetizer, vegetable platter, Vegetable recipes, vegetarian, vegetarian recipe, veggie, veggie appetizer, veggie platter