The flavors balance really nicely in this easy and delicious fall recipe. You can also add some dried herbs to the squash before popping in the oven.
Roasted Butternut Squash recipe – 170 calories
1/2 large butternut squash
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
PAM vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Peel and chop the squash into 1-2 inch cubes and put in a bowl.
2. Add all the other ingredients and toss well.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place the tray near the bottom of the oven and roast at 350 degrees F for about 1/2 – 1 hour (until tender).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 9.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 6.4 mg
Total carbs: 23.8 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 1.2 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: Fimb
You might also like these low-calorie vegetable recipes:
- Tomato Florentine Soup recipe – 73 calories
- Kosher Jewish Pickles recipe – 67 calories
- Spicy Chipotle Coleslaw recipe – 110 calories
- Cucumber Strawberry Salad recipe – 41 calories
- Minestrone Soup with Tofu recipe – 167 calories