Mango and Red Pepper Chicken recipe – 141 calories
2 pieces of thinly sliced chicken
1 mango, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red pepper
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon rum
2 teaspoons basil (for the chicken)
2 teaspoons chili powder (for the chicken)
1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon hot sauce or 1 teaspoon chili powder (for the sauce)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix 2 teaspoons of basil with 2 teaspoons of chili powder, dip the raw chicken in this mixture.
2. Saute the minced garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the chicken and saute for about 5-7 minutes (until cooked). Place the chicken in the oven or microwave to keep warm.
4. Deglaze the same pan with the rum. Slice the red pepper length-wise and saute in the pan, adding a little more olive oil if necessary.
5. Turn down the heat to medium-low. When the red pepper is still slightly crunchy, add the mango, cinnamon or brown sugar, and hot sauce or chili powder.
6. Cook for only a few minutes, until the mango is warm and slightly mushy.
7. Add the chicken to the sauce in the pan for about a minute to rewarm.
8. Serve over white rice.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 43.9 mg
Total carbs: 26 g
Fiber: 4.4 g
Protein: 1.7 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
You might also like these low-calorie chicken recipes:
- Baked Chicken Thighs recipe – 200 calories
- Chicken and Mushrooms recipe – 189 calories
- Mahogany Chicken recipe – 186 calories
- Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories
- Spicy Chicken Rice Soup recipe – 193 calories