Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins recipe – 174 calories
2/3 cup blueberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup melted margarine
Crumb topping ingredients
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons oats
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together the sugar, bananas, corn syrup, melted margarine and egg.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
5. Add the blueberries.
6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, 1/4 cup at a time.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the crumb topping ingredients except the margarine.
8. Cut in the margarine. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
9. Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Servings: 10 muffins
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
Sodium: 288 mg
Total carbs: 39.5 g
Fiber: 2.2 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Photo credit: satakieli
You might also like these low calorie fruit recipes:
- Cucumber Strawberry Salad recipe – 41 calories
- Pineapple Celery Punch recipe – 81 calories
- Easy Orange Slush recipe – 153 calories
- Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta recipe – 46 calories
- Granny Smith Apple Cake recipe – 182 calories