This is a delicious recipe that’s very low fat but tastes like chocolate cake. If you find the batter to be too dry to incorporate all the ingredients, you can up the nonfat sour cream to 1/2 cup or add a small container of fat-free vanilla yogurt.
Low Fat Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe – 76 calories
1 cup zucchini, unpeeled and grated
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda granular
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white, whipped
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven at 350° F.
2. Prepare a 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
3. Combine the sugar, Splenda, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
4. Combine the zucchini, egg white and sour cream in another mixing bowl.
5. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until moistened.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for about 60 minutes.
Servings: 16 slices
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 0.4 g
Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Sodium: 125.4 mg
Total carbs: 16,9 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 2.1 g
Weight Watchers points: 1
Photo credit: ComeUndone
You might also like these bread recipes:
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- East African Bread (Chapati) recipe – 158 calories
- Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
- Crescent Rolls recipe – 193 calories
- Carrot Bran Muffins recipe – 161 calories
Tags: bread, bread recipe, calories, chocolate zucchini bread recipe, Cook, cooking, dessert, diet, diet recipe, dish, easy, eating, fat free, food, healthy, low-cal, low-calorie, low-fat, muffins, quick, recipe, under 200 calories, zucchini bread