Today I will continue my adventure discovering how to cook Brussels sprouts with this recipe. I like the flavor that the black bean garlic sauce gives to the sprouts, plus you don’t have to add any salt because the sauce is salty. You can find this sauce in the Asian aisles of your local grocery store or you can order it online from Amazon (they have differend brands to choose from, like Kikkoman and Lee Kum Kee).
Brussels Sprouts with Black Bean Garlic Sauce recipe – 111 calories
1 lb Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
ground black pepper, to taste
1. Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts and quarter lengthwise.
2. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add the sprouts and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until they start to brown. If they absorb all the oil, add a bit more.
4. Add the black bean garlic sauce and stir until the sprouts are coated.
5. Add a pinch of black pepper and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
6. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 7.8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 23.9 mg
Total carbs: 8.9 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 3.3 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
Photo credit: norwichnuts
You might also like these vegetable recipes:
- Brussels Sprouts with Fish Sauce recipe – 143 calories
- Savory Sweet Potatoes recipe – 120 calories
- Cream of Tomato Soup recipe – 162 calories
- Southwestern Onion Rings recipe – 171 calories
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup recipe – 79 calories
Tags: asian, black bean garlic sauce, brussels sprouts, calories, Cook, cooking, diet, diet recipe, dish, easy, eating, food, healthy, low-cal, low-calorie, quick, recipe, Side dish recipes, side dish side, under 200 calories, vegetable, Vegetable recipes