This is a quick and easy recipe for sweet potatoes, which in my opinion should never be made any sweeter. The blend of spices, herbs, olive oil and lemon juice is just wonderful… a fabulous way to prepare sweet potatoes!
Savory Sweet Potatoes recipe – 120 calories
2 large sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into French fries, rinsed and dried)
1 tablespoon rosemary (minced)
1 tablespoon tarragon (minced)
1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the potatoes together with all other ingredients to coat.
3. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes (or until golden and crispy).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 6.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 37.5 mg
Total carbs: 14 g
Fiber: 2.1 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Photo credit: little blue hen
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Southwestern Onion Rings recipe – 171 calories
- Garlic Tomatoes recipe – 79 calories
- Steamed Asparagus with Almond Butter recipe – 164 calories
- Maple Brown Sugar Baby Carrots recipe – 188 calories
- Spinach and Pecan Salad recipe – 159 calories