A nice sugar-free diabetic dessert recipe that resembles the classic lemon pie.
Creamy Lemon Bars recipe – 106 calories
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Splenda granular
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups Splenda granular
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
1. To make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch baking pan.
2. Combine the flour, salt and Splenda Granular in a food processor bowl. Pulse 2-3 times.
3. Add the butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
4. Press the mixture into the baking pan and bake until the crust is lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
5. While the crust is baking in the oven, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl.
6. Gradually whisk in the flour, Splenda, lemon juice and lemon peel.
7. Pour this mixture over the hot crust and bake until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned (about 15 minutes).
8. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
9. Cut into 2-inch squares and enjoy.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 6.5 g
Cholesterol: 67.1 mg
Sodium: 69.7 mg
Total carbs: 9 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 2.9 g
Weight Watchers points: 3
Photo credit: theogeo
You might also like these dessert recipes:
- Nutella Biscotti recipe – 90 calories
- Rice Krispies Bars recipe – 181 calories
- Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 78 calories
- Stellas (Old-Fashioned Cookies) recipe – 152 calories
- Granny Smith Apple Cake recipe – 182 calories
Tags: calories, citrus fruit, cookie, cookie recipes, cooking, creamy, creamy lemon bars, dessert, dessert recipes, diabetic, diabetic lemon bars, diabetic recipes, diet, dish, eating, food, healthy, lemon bars, lemon pie, light, no sugar, recipe, sugar free