This recipe is so easy, even a complete beginner cook could prepare this! It’s such a delicious soup that you will never want to buy canned soup again…
If you don’t have any tomato juice on hand you can use about 20 oz of tomato sauce and 3/4 cup of water.
Cream of Tomato Soup recipe – 162 calories
3 cups tomato juice
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese (optional, for garnish)
basil, oregano and parsley (optional, for garnish)
1. Melt the butter in a dutch oven.
2. Blend in the flour until smooth.
3. Pour in the tomato juice and stir until it thickens.
4. Stir in the baking soda.
5. Add the salt, sugar and milk.
6. Heat thoroughly.
7. Divide into bowls and serve with crumbled cheese and/or basil, oregano and parsley (if desired).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 11.1 g
Cholesterol: 33.1 mg
Sodium: 674.4 mg
Total carbs: 12.6 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 4.1 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: VirtualEm
You might also like these soup recipes:
- Crock Pot Vegetable Soup recipe – 79 calories
- Egyptian Spinach Soup recipe – 194 calories
- Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe – 181 calories
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup recipe – 169 calories
- New Potato and Green Bean Stew recipe – 184 calories