I love Nutella, so I thought this would be a great recipe to try… and I certainly wasn’t disappointed! These biscotti have a great flavor and are quite crunchy. You can also try using white chocolate chips instead of the regular ones for a nice visual effect.
Nutella Biscotti recipe – 90 calories
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup hazelnuts (optional)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
4. Add the sugar and continue beating for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the Nutella.
6. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts (if using).
8. Flour your hands well and divide the dough into 2 or 3 logs; arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the logs into rectangles approximately 1/2 inch thick.
9. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven. Turn down oven heat to 300° F.
11. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into 1/3-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and return to the oven.
12. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, then turn the biscotti over and bake for about 10-12 more minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Sodium: 62 mg
Total carbs: 15.8 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 1.7 g
Weight Watchers points: 2
Photo credit: cursedthing
You might also like these chocolate recipes:
- Rice Krispies Bars recipe – 181 calories
- Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 78 calories
- Chocolate Walnut Kahlua Balls recipe – 146 calories
- Chunky Chocolate Jam Bars recipe – 185 calories
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 176 calories