If you want to make hummus but can’t find tahini, try this recipe that uses sesame seeds. It has a subtle flavor and a nice, creamy consistency.
Bean and Sesame Seed Spread (Hummus) recipe – 77 calories
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove, cut in half
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Drain the garbanzo beans and reserve the liquid.
2. Place the reserved bean liquid, garlic and sesame seeds in the food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until mixed.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, salt and lemon juice. Cover and process on high speed until smooth.
4. Serve as a spread with crackers, wedges of pita bread or raw vegetables.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 3.4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 203 mg
Total carbs: 9.7 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 2.8 g
Weight Watchers points: 1
Photo credit: Albertas Agejevas
You might also like these appetizer recipes:
- Stuffed Mushrooms recipe – 175 calories
- Garlic Tomatoes recipe – 79 calories
- Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta recipe – 46 calories
- Parmesan and Red Onion Appetizer recipe – 117 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories