This is an easy and delicious recipe. The Pecorino Romano is the perfect cheese to use, as it pairs really well with the bread crumbs. You need not worry about bland stuffed mushrooms anymore, as these are very flavorful! If you live in a dry area you might want to add a little more olive oil or chop the mushroom stems and put them in the bread crumb mixture (this will add moisture).
Stuffed Mushrooms recipe – 175 calories
28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir the Pecorino cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, mint, parsley, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat.
5. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange them on the baking sheet (cavity side up).
6. Drizzle the remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes (until the filling is golden on top and heated through and the mushrooms are tender).
Servings: 7 (4 mushrooms per serving)
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 13 g
Sodium: 264 mg
Total carbs: 9.4 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 6.8 g
Weight Watchers points: 4
You might also like these appetizer recipes:
- Garlic Tomatoes recipe – 79 calories
- Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta recipe – 46 calories
- Parmesan and Red Onion Appetizer recipe – 117 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Red Lobster Crab Cakes recipe – 174 calories