This soup is awesome and full of flavor – just what any good vegetable soup should taste like!
Chicken and Mushrooms recipe – 189 calories
2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 cups green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1/4 head cabbage, chopped
1 medium turnip, chopped
2 small celery stalks, chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until it becomes translucent.
3. Add the garlic and saute for a few minutes (don’t let the garlic brown).
4. Add the remaining chopped vegetables and saute for about a minute or two (add the second tablespoon of olive oil if needed).
5. While sauteing, add the thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place the sauteed vegetables in the crock pot, add the vegetable broth and tomatoes.
7. Cook on low for about 7-9 hours or high for about 4-6 hours.
8. Just before serving, mash some of the potato chunks against the side of the crockpot to thicken the soup, stir a little and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Total fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 534.8 mg
Total carbs: 13.3 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Weight Watchers points: 1
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- Egyptian Spinach Soup recipe – 194 calories
- Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe – 181 calories
- Vegetarian Black Bean Soup recipe – 169 calories
- New Potato and Green Bean Stew recipe – 184 calories
- Crock Pot Shrimp Creole Soup recipe – 159 calories
Tags: Broth, calories, crock pot, crock pot vegetable soup, crock pot vegetable soup recipe, crockpot, crockpot vegetable soup, diet, food, healthy, light, recipe, soup, veg, vegetable, vegetable soup crock pot, vegetable soup diet recipe, vegetable soup recipe, vegetable soup recipe crock pot, vegetarian, veggie