A wonderful tasting bar… the great combination of flavors make this a really exciting and decadent version of the old rice crispy bar!
You can substitute the Grand Marnier with a little vanilla or orange extract. If you’re a big fan of white chocolate, you can skip the drizzling at the end and just dunk the bars into the white chocolate.
Rice Krispies Bars recipe – 181 calories
4-4 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
1-3 teaspoon canola oil
1. Coat a 9×9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside. Also apply a little spray to your cooking spoon.
2. To make the bars, begin by adding together the brown sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir for about 2 minutes, until the butter and sugar are melted.
3. Add in the 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and stir.
4. Add the miniature marshmallows and stir continuously, helping the puffs to melt. Continue mixing until you have a pale brown mixture that is still rather loose.
5. Once the marshmallows are fully melted and mixed with the sugar, add in the Rice Krispies, dried apricots and toasted almonds.
6. Stir quickly to get all of the ingredients incorporated.
7. Turn the mixture out into the 9×9 inch pan, distributing as much as possible using your spoon.
8. Place the bars in the refrigerator and leave them to set for about 30 minutes.
9. Invert the pan, giving it a good whack to release the bars.
10. Slice into 12 pieces.
11. To prepare the topping, melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler over very low heat.
12. Add the canola oil to the chocolate and stir while the the chips continue to melt.
13. Stir the Grand Marnier into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to stripe the bars on the diagonal, allowing the melted chocolate to drip down the side.
14. Place the bars on waxed paper to cool.
Servings: 12 bars
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 62
Total fat: 7g
Total carbs: 29g
Weight Watchers points: 4
You might also like these dessert recipes:
- Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 78 calories
- Stellas (Old-Fashioned Cookies) recipe – 152 calories
- Granny Smith Apple Cake recipe – 182 calories
- Chocolate Walnut Kahlua Balls recipe – 146 calories
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe – 135 calories