This vegetarian/vegan dish requires only a few simple ingredients and is very easy to prepare, but it is absolutely delicious! Can be served as a side dish, appetizer or even snack.
Garlic Tomatoes recipe – 79 calories
8 ripe plum tomatoes, cut in half
16 garlic cloves, in skin
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the tomatoes cut side up in a large pan (in a single layer).
3. Place the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs in between the tomatoes.
4. Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes (until the tomatoes are slightly charred).
6. Discard the thyme.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Squeeze the meat from the garlic cloves over the tomatoes.
9. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 62
Total fat: 6.9g
Total carbs: 4.4g
Weight Watchers points: 2
You might also like these appetizer recipes:
- Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta recipe – 46 calories
- Parmesan and Red Onion Appetizer recipe – 117 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Red Lobster Crab Cakes recipe – 174 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories