A few years ago I had a revelation: chicken and mushrooms go extremely well together. Since then, I’ve tried many recipes using these two main ingredients, and this low fat chicken and mushroom recipe is one of my favorites (another really nice one is the creamy chicken and mushroom soup recipe).
If you prepare this, don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know if you liked it!
Chicken and Mushrooms recipe – 189 calories
4 small boneless chicken breasts
2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
1 dash garlic powder
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with the onion flakes.
4. In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, and garlic powder; pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
5. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
6. Spread the mushrooms and red or green peppers evenly over the chicken and continue to bake, covered, for about 20 more minutes (or until the mushrooms are tender).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 74
Total fat: 8.3g
Total carbs: 7.3g
Weight Watchers points: 4
Photo credit: VirtualErn
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- Mahogany Chicken recipe – 186 calories
- Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories
- Spicy Chicken Rice Soup recipe – 193 calories
- Jalapeno-Lime Chicken recipe – 162 calories
- Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe – 188 calories