Here’s a delicious way to prepare tofu – it’s very easy to make and so tasty! Crispy on the outside and a little soft inside, this tofu salad is great as a snack, as a meat substitute, or served on top of a bed of greens with a little balsamic or rice vinegar.
Asian Crispy Tofu Salad recipe – 90 calories
14 ounces low-fat extra firm tofu
1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 garlic cloves (smashed with the back of a knife)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon fresh or dried lemongrass (optional)
1. In a 9×9-inch square baking dish, whisk all the ingredients (except for the tofu).
2. Drain the tofu and slice in half lengthwise; blot with a paper towel.
3. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray.
4. Slide the tofu slices in the skillet and grill for about 4-5 minutes on each, flipping carefully with a large spatula. Brown it nicely to give it color and texture.
5. Slip the tofu slices into the marinade, turning with a spatula at least once.
6. While the tofu is sitting in the marinade, cut each slab 3 times lengthwise and widthwise with a sharp knife (so that you have 16 squares per slab). Toss carefully.
7. Let the tofu marinate for up to 30 minutes.
8. Remove the ginger slices and garlic. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 47
Total fat: 5.3g
Total carbs: 3.2g
WW points: 2
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Spinach and Pecan Salad recipe – 159 calories
- Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
- Spinach, Mushroom and Red Onion Salad – 195 calories
Tags: asian, bean, calories, cooking, crispy, crispy tofu, diet, easy, food, japanese, recipe, salad, simple, snack, soy, tofu, tofu calories, tofu diet, Tofu salad, tofu salad recipe, tofu salad recipes, vegan, vegetarian