Here’s a different kind of bruschetta. The bread is toasted without oil and garlic, so that the sweet flavors of the juicy peaches and roasted peppers can be fully appreciated. This sweetness is nicely balanced by the red wine vinegar and basil. You could also try this bruschetta mixture on grilled chicken or fish. Delicious!
Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta recipe – 46 calories
1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal
2 peaches, diced
1 red pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes or roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the grill broiler to medium-high. Roast the red pepper until well blackened, turning often.
2. Place the pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; leave to cool.
3. Remove the skin, stem and seeds from the pepper. Finely chop the pepper and place in a medium bowl.
4. Stir in the peaches, garlic, tomatoes, basil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste and marinate for about 30 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours).
5. Before serving, bring the peach mixture to room temperature. Lightly toast the baguette slices on both sides. Spoon the chopped pepper and peach mixture on top of the toasted baguette slices.
Servings: 30 pieces
Nutritional information for one piece:
Calories from fat: 4
Total fat: 0.5g
Total carbs: 9g
Dietary fiber: 0.7g
WW points: 1
You might also like these appetizer recipes:
- Parmesan and Red Onion Appetizer recipe – 117 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Red Lobster Crab Cakes recipe – 174 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Honey-Roasted Raisins and Nuts recipe – 186 calories