Here’s a great recipe for baby carrots – because of the sauce that gets absorbed into them, the carrots will have a very nice texture and flavor. Very simple and tasty, this recipe will be appreciated even by those who don’t like carrots!
Maple Brown Sugar Baby Carrots recipe – 188 calories
1 1/2 lbs baby carrots
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/3 cup water
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for about 5-8 minutes (until the carrots are crisp-tender).
3. Uncover and cook for about 5 more minutes (until the juices are reduced).
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 80
Total fat: 8.9g
Total carbs: 27.5g
Dietary fiber: 3.1g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: lazyme
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Spinach and Pecan Salad recipe – 159 calories
- Maple Dijon Brussels Sprouts recipe – 141 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Sauteed Zucchini and Chickpeas recipe – 161 calories
- Peruvian Tacu Tacu recipe – 195 calories