A wonderful recipe for carrot bran muffins that are low in fat, yet have a delicious buttery taste. The moist (but fluffy) texture and the yummy cinnamon flavor make this one of my favorite muffin recipes ever!
Carrot Bran Muffins recipe – 161 calories
1 cup carrots, grated
2/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups all-bran cereal
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 3/4 cups skim milk, with
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 orange, rind of, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cereal, flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, raisins, milk, egg, applesauce, margarine and orange rind.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin tins (do not use paper muffin liners).
6. Bake for about 20 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, or when the tops are firm to the touch).
Servings: 12 muffins
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 28
Total fat: 3.1g
Total carbs: 32.6g
Dietary fiber: 4.9g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: imallergic
You might also like these breakfast recipes:
- Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- Delicious Blueberry Muffins recipe – 166 calories
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins recipe – 191 calories
- Easy Banana Muffins recipe – 170 calories