This cake is delicious, especially served while it’s still warm. It’s wonderful topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Granny Smith Apple Cake recipe – 182 calories
3 medium granny smith apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9×13 inch baking pan; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
4. Add the apples, eggs, applesauce and remaining butter to the mixture; stir until combined (the batter will be very chunky).
5. Spoon the batter into the buttered pan, smoothing with a spatula.
6. Bake for about 40-45 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 33
Total fat: 3.7g
Total carbs: 35.5g
Dietary fiber: 1.3g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Chef Itchy Monkey
You might also like these fruit recipes:
- Spinach and Pecan Salad recipe – 159 calories
- Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
- Honey-Roasted Raisins and Nuts recipe – 186 calories
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- Apple Cheese Bites recipe – 162 calories