You can make these balls using Kahlua, dark rum, Bailey’s Irish Cream or Grand Marnier, according to your taste. You can also try alternating semi-sweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips. These are guaranteed to be a hit at any party!
Chocolate Walnut Kahlua Balls recipe – 146 calories
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Kahlua (or dark rum)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 10 ounces)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Stir the chocolate chips over simmering water in a double boiler until melted and smooth; remove from the heat.
2. Whisk in the corn syrup and sugar, then the Kahlua (or dark rum).
3. In a small bowl, mix together the crushed wafers and chopped walnuts; add in the chocolate mixture and mix well.
4. Shape into small balls.
5. Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
6. Roll each ball into the powdered sugar to coat.
7. Place the balls in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
Servings: 40 balls
Nutritional information for one ball:
Calories from fat: 61
Total fat: 6.9g
Total carbs: 19.7g
Dietary fiber: 0.8g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Juenessa
You might also like these chocolate recipes:
- Chunky Chocolate Jam Bars recipe – 185 calories
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 176 calories
- Thick Hot Chocolate recipe – 140 calories
- Cinnamon-Scented Devil’s Food Cupcakes recipe – 183 calories
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 126 calories