Here’s a low-fat, delicious spinach salad with a lovely citrus dressing. It’s great on its own or as a side dish for chicken or pork.
Spinach and Pecan Salad recipe – 159 calories
150 g baby spinach leaves
4 medium oranges
150 g snow peas, trimmed and halved
1/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
For the citrus dressing
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine the baby spinach leaves, pecans and snow peas.
2. Segment the peeled oranges over the salad (so that none of the orange juice is lost), adding the orange segments to the bowl.
3. Place all the citrus dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar, shake well, then pour over the salad and gently toss to combine.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 68
Total fat: 7.6g
Total carbs: 22.2g
Dietary fiber: 5.7g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Rita
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
- Spinach, Mushroom and Red Onion Salad – 195 calories
- Avocado with Ground Peanut Dressing recipe – 188 calories