These potatoes are so quick, easy and delicious! This recipe is a great comfort food as it is, but if you like to experiment you could also try adding garlic, onion or cheese.
Stewed Potatoes recipe – 186 calories
5 cups red potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups water
1-2 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until the potatoes are done and have produced a gravy-like sauce.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 54
Total fat: 6g
Total carbs: 30g
Dietary fiber: 3.3g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Marsha D.
You might also like these vegetable recipes:
- Maple Dijon Brussels Sprouts recipe – 141 calories
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Sauteed Zucchini and Chickpeas recipe – 161 calories
- Peruvian Tacu Tacu recipe – 195 calories
- Baby Peas with Almonds and Bacon recipe – 137 calories