I’m not a very big fan of Brussels sprouts, but I enjoyed this recipe a lot. The flavor is interesting and different… Give this a try, you might love it!
Maple Dijon Brussels Sprouts recipe – 141 calories
1 lb Brussels sprouts, fresh (washed and trimmed) or frozen (thawed)
2 tablespoons butter
1/8 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine
salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts, cook and stir for about 5 minutes (or until lightly browned).
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 3-4 minutes, then uncover and cook for about 5 more minutes (or until the sauce reduces to a thick glaze and the sprouts are tender).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 58
Total fat: 6.5g
Total carbs: 16.8g
Dietary fiber: 4.6g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Jubes
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Wild Mushroom Savory Saute recipe – 135 calories
- Sauteed Zucchini and Chickpeas recipe – 161 calories
- Peruvian Tacu Tacu recipe – 195 calories
- Baby Peas with Almonds and Bacon recipe – 137 calories
- Skinny Mashed Potatoes recipe – 76 calories