This is a very nice side dish for any meal, but it goes particularly well with grilled chicken breast. You can also toss this into an omelet or cooked pasta.
Wild Mushroom Savory Saute Recipe – 135 calories
1 lb fresh mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted.
2. Add the shallots and cook for about 4 minutes (until soft).
3. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add the mushrooms and thyme and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the wine and raise the heat to high.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes (until the mushrooms are tender and the wine is almost evaporated).
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 85
Total fat: 9.6g
Total carbs: 8g
Dietary fiber: 1.2g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Beautiful BC
You might also like these appetizer recipes:
- Red Lobster Crab Cakes recipe – 174 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Honey-Roasted Raisins and Nuts recipe – 186 calories
- Easy Beef Gyros recipe – 198 calories
- Avocado with Ground Peanut Dressing recipe – 188 calories