These cookies are incredibly delicious and really healthy too! For an even healthier version, decrease the sugar amount to 1/3 cup (this way the raisins’ natural sweetness will come through).
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe – 135 calories
1 1/2 cups quick oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons non-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whip the egg then add the raisins, vanilla and water. Set aside for at least an hour to plump the raisins.
3. Cream together the sugar and canola oil, mixing together well.
4. Mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and wheatgerm.
5. Add the milk to the raisin and egg mixture.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the raisin and egg mixture, blending well.
7. Using your hands, shape the cookie mixture into little balls, then place them onto an aluminium foil covered cookie sheet.
8. Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes (or until the edges are lightly brown).
9. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 41
Total fat: 4.7g
Total carbs: 21.4g
Dietary fiber: 1.9g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: LUv 2 BaKE
You might also like these cookie recipes:
- Chunky Chocolate Jam Bars recipe – 185 calories
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 176 calories
- Gingerbread Biscotti recipe – 141 calories
- Easy Gingersnaps recipe – 150 calories
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 126 calories