Here’s a great vegetable dish that has a delicious buttery smooth flavor. If you want, you can add some chopped garlic and onions in step two, and some dried thyme and lemon juice in step three.
Sauteed Zucchini and Chickpeas recipe – 161 calories
800 g zucchini, washed, thinly sliced
2 (300 g) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
30 g butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a deep non-stick pan until it begins to foam.
2. Add the zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes (until slightly browned), stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chickpeas.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 8 minutes (or until the zucchini is soft).
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 66
Total fat: 7.4g
Total carbs: 20.3g
Dietary fiber: 4.4g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Susiecat
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Peruvian Tacu Tacu recipe – 195 calories
- Baby Peas with Almonds and Bacon recipe – 137 calories
- Skinny Mashed Potatoes recipe – 76 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories