This is a recipe from Kraft Foods. These bars have a very nice and chewy texture, and they’re so sweet and delicious! I think the raspberry jam & chocolate combination is magic, but you can also try making them with strawberry or apricot jam.
Chunky Chocolate Jam Bars recipe – 185 calories
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry jam
5 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
1/2 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 13×9 inch pan with aluminum foil; spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and brown sugar.
4. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Add the pecans, coconut and oats, mixing well.
6. Firmly press half of the crumb mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
8. Spoon the jam over the top, then sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes (or until lightly browned).
10. Lift from the pan using the foil; let cool completely on wire racks.
11. Cut into bars and serve.
Servings: 32 bars
Nutritional information for one bar:
Calories from fat: 85
Total fat: 9.5g
Total carbs: 24.8g
Dietary fiber: 1.3g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Redsie
You might also like these dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe – 193 calories
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies recipe – 176 calories
- Gingerbread Biscotti recipe – 141 calories
- Easy Gingersnaps recipe – 150 calories
- Cinnamon-Scented Devil’s Food Cupcakes recipe – 183 calories