These rolls are really good! They’re easy to make, but look like you have worked very hard on them. 😉
Crescent Rolls recipe – 193 calories
7 cups flour
2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk, warm
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1. Dissolve the yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in the warm water.
2. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, butter, remaining sugar and salt.
4. Add 2 cups flour, mixing well.
5. Add the beaten eggs and yeast. Beat well.
6. Add the remaining flour (or enough to make a soft dough).
7. Cover the dough and let rest for about 20 minutes.
8. Knead the dough on a lightly floured board, then place in a greased bowl.
9. Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
10. Punch down and divide the dough into thirds. Roll into a 12″ diameter circle, cut the circle into 16 pie-shaped pieces.
11. Starting with the wide end, roll up into crescent shapes.
12. Place the crescent rolls on a greased cookie sheet (don’t crowd – the rolls need plenty of room) and let rise for about 1 hour, covering lightly with plastic wrap.
13. Bake in a preheated 375º F oven for about 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 38
Total fat: 4.3g
Total carbs: 33.3g
Dietary fiber: 1.1g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: GaylaJ
You might also like these bread recipes:
- Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
- East African Bread (Chapati) recipe – 158 calories
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- Delicious Blueberry Muffins recipe – 166 calories
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins recipe – 191 calories