I always cook peas the same way, so this was something different. It’s a very nice side dish for any meal!
Baby Peas with Almonds and Bacon recipe – 137 calories
1 (1 lb) bag frozen sweet peas, baby
1/4 cup slivered almond
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 dash pepper (or to taste)
1. Cook the peas as directed on the bag; drain.
2. In large non-stick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes (until crisp), stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
4. Cook the almonds and onion in the bacon drippings over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes (until the almonds are lightly browned and the onion is tender), stirring frequently. Remove from the skillet.
5. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
6. Add the bacon, peas, almonds, onion, salt and pepper to taste; toss well.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 70
Total fat: 7.9g
Total carbs: 11.7g
Dietary fiber: 3.8g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Pam-I-Am
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Skinny Mashed Potatoes recipe – 76 calories
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
- Crunchy Spiced Sweet Potatoes recipe – 151 calories
- Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe – 163 calories