These crab cakes are delicious, and also really easy to prepare.
Red Lobster Crab Cakes recipe – 174 calories
1 lb lump crab meat
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons oil, to saute
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon celery, diced
1 tablespoon onion, minced
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the breadcrumbs and crab meat).
2. Using gloves, gently mix in the crab meat, then add the breadcrumbs.
3. Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface and form the crab mixture into equal balls (approximately two inches in diameter).
4. Place the crab mixture balls on the breadcrumbs, gently flattening them and rounding the edges. Form the cakes about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches round.
5. In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
6. Gently slide in two crab cakes at a time and brown on one side for about 2-3 minutes. Turn and brown the other side.
7. Turn down the heat and simmer the crab cakes for another 5-8 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 73
Total fat: 8.2g
Total carbs: 5.6g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Marsha D.
You might also like these seafood recipes:
- Crock Pot Shrimp Creole Soup recipe – 159 calories
- Greek Shrimp recipe – 121 calories
- Thai Spicy Shrimp Salad recipe – 169 calories
- Cornmeal Fried Oysters recipe – 116 calories
- Creole Crab Cakes recipe – 167 calories