By using cornflour as a thickening agent, you get that creamy, thick hot chocolate without having to worry about the calories.
Thick Hot Chocolate recipe – 140 calories
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
1. Combine the sugar, cornflour and cocoa, mixing until well combined.
2. Add a little milk to get a runny paste, then add the rest of the milk.
3. Stir over hear until it boils.
4. Divide the hot chocolate between 4 mugs, top up with a little milk and dust with cocoa powder if desired.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 43
Total fat: 4.8g
Total carbs: 21.5g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Aaliyah&Aaron’s mum
You might also like these beverage recipes:
- Strawberry Smoothie recipe – 190 calories
- Cranberry Slush recipe – 192 calories
- Strawberry, Orange and Banana Frappe recipe – 131 calories
- Iced Sweet Mint Tea recipe – 102 calories
- Mango Lassi (Indian Beverage) recipe – 180 calories