This is a healthy alternative to the usual method of preparing mashed potatoes. It’s very tasty, easy to prepare and great for us who are on a diet!
Skinny Mashed Potatoes recipe – 76 calories
6 cups potatoes, peeled and cut
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Boil the potatoes until tender; drain well.
2. In a bowl, combine the potatoes with the broth and mash to the desired consistency.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. For a “buttery” look without the butter, add a few granules of chicken bouillon.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 2
Total fat: 0.3g
Total carbs: 15.9g
WW points: 1
Photo credit: NoraMarie
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
- Crunchy Spiced Sweet Potatoes recipe – 151 calories
- Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe – 163 calories
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Casserole recipe – 174 calories