Very nice flavor in these gingerbread biscotti – they go great with a cup of coffee or some hot chocolate!
Gingerbread Biscotti recipe – 141 calories
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups flour (10 ounces)
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
1/4 cup molasses
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; mix thoroughly on medium-low speed.
4. Briefly mix in the apricots and pecans.
5. In a measuring cup, mix the eggs, molasses and orange zest.
6. With the mixer on low, slowly add the egg mixture to the other mixture. Mix for about 1-2 minutes (until the dough starts to come together in clumps).
7. Divide the dough in two parts (about 1 lb each), and form logs about 10 inches by 1 1/2 inch each.
8. Bake on the pan for about 30-35 minutes (until the tops are cracked and spring back when lightly pressed).
9. Let cool on a rack for about 10 minutes.
10. Peel the logs from the parchment and move to a cutting board. Slice diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch wide.
11. Place the biscotti back on the pan, cut sides down (it’s ok to reuse the parchment) and bake for about 10-20 minutes (depending on how you want them – chewy or crunchy).
12. Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 34
Total fat: 3.8g
Total carbs: 25.4g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Lille
You might also like these dessert recipes:
- Easy Gingersnaps recipe – 150 calories
- Cinnamon-Scented Devil’s Food Cupcakes recipe – 183 calories
- Cinnamon Rice Pudding recipe – 155 calories
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 126 calories
- Quick 5-Minute Fudge recipe – 147 calories