A wonderful salad that’s very easy and quick to put together. Healthy and delicious, it’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
Warm Chicken Spinach Salad recipe – 167 calories
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 cups torn spinach
2 red peppers or green sweet peppers, cut into bite-sized strips
2 cups torn leaf lettuce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoons water
fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, spinach, pepper strips and sliced red onion. Cover and chill the salad for up to 2 hours.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized strips. Toss the chicken with the lemon-pepper seasoning and rosemary.
3. In a 10-inch skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken strips and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes (or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink).
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and add to the salad mixture.
5. To make the dressing: add the vinegar and water to the skillet, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Pour the dressing over the salad, gently tossing to mix.
6. Transfer the salad to individual salad plates and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs, if desired. Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 4.9g
Total carbs: 9.3g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: mama’s kitchen
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Rice Soup recipe – 193 calories
- Jalapeno-Lime Chicken recipe – 162 calories
- Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe – 188 calories
- Oven Fried Chicken recipe – 178 calories
- Grilled Vietnamese Chicken recipe – 199 calories