These muffins are delicious – they’re very moist on the inside and somewhat crusty on the outside. If you love pears, give this recipe a try!
Pear Bran Muffins recipe – 158 calories
1 (16 ounce) can Bartlett pears in light syrup (or fresh pears if available), drained and diced
1 1/4 cups 100% all-bran cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil or applesauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup sugar
1. Combine the pears, bran cereal and skim milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Mix together the sugar, flour and baking powder.
3. Add the egg and oil or applesauce to the pear mixture.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Fill 12 greased muffin tins 3/4 full. You can sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before baking if you want.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 18-20 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 48
Total fat: 5.4g
Total carbs: 27.5g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: GaylaJ
You might also like these breakfast recipes:
- Banana Orange Muffins recipe – 143 calories
- Delicious Blueberry Muffins recipe – 166 calories
- Sausage Breakfast Muffins recipe – 191 calories
- Easy Banana Muffins recipe – 170 calories
- Buttermilk Biscuits recipe – 160 calories
Tags: baked, Baking, Baking powder, bran, bread, breakfast, calories, Canola, cooking, diet, Flour, food, fruit, light, Muffin, muffins, pear, pear bran muffins, pears, recipe, recipes, syrup